Change for Life & Whizz Kidz
Change 4 Life Sports Clubs is an exciting programme that aims to harness the inspiration of the Olympic and Paralympic Games to engage less-active* primary and secondary aged school children in physical activity and school sport.
Change4Life Sport Clubs take the principles and specific skills from a range of Olympic and Paralympic sports and place them in a fun, vibrant and exciting activity club giving young people the confidence and competence to take part in lifelong physical activity.
Schools can help engage less-active children in physical activity and school sport by setting up a Change4Life Sports Club.
Schools can use their additional school sport funding to set up a Change4Life Sports Club in their area. For more information or to purchase a club package, go to Youth Sport Direct’s Change4Life Sports Club page.
For more information on Change for Life click here.
WHIZZ KIDZ INTERVENTION PROGRAM
To support you to embed intervention programmes to engage the least active developing a programme that can be sustained in your school.
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick starting healthy active lifestyles
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
|Intervention programme targeting children in Y3 & Y4, who may have low self-esteem, low confidence, be above their ideal weight or are inactive.|
- Planned programme of non-sport specific activities / games over a series of weeks culminating in a celebration session in the final week
- Each week has a Health linked theme with activities / games to reflect this
- Supports the Change For Life programmes
- No specialist equipment needed all activities / games are designed using minimal equipment