19 October from 9:00 am – 23 October until 3:00 pm
The Friendship Run will take place from Monday 19th to Friday 23rd October (if this timescale is not convenient, please run the challenges at a time suitable to you and make sure you submit your results) and is open to all children in Key Stages 1, 2 & 3.
The idea of the Friendship Run is that children and young people take on one or more of the personal challenges throughout the week with the focus on FRIENDSHIP, FUN & WELLBEING with an element of competition thrown in for those that want it. If you are unable to run you can walk, scoot, roll or pedal.
There are a number of different challenges for you to choose to take part in during the week. You might choose 1 for the week or several, it’s up to you. Think about your strengths, something you want to get better or what motivates you and pick a challenge to complete. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Running streak -set your running time or distance and see how many consecutive days you can run for.
- Run with family or friends -can you complete a run with family or friends and support and encourage each other to complete an agreed time or distance
- How far can you run in a week?
- Can you run non-stop for 15mins? -or set your own time
- Scavenger hunt -how many of these things you can spot on your run?
- What’s the furthest you can run in one go? -set yourself a distance goal
- How far can you run as a class/school? -set yourself a distance challenge for the week
- Beat your time -set a route that you can run or walk and then record your time for completing the route. Run/walk your route every day and see if you can beat your time by the end of the week.
Here is a copy of the log book to record all entries:
Let us know what challenge(s) you have chosen and share a photo/video with us on social media (twitter, Facebook, Instagram) or via email when you complete it.
For those that are motivated by a bit of competition we challenge you to see how fast you can run 1 mile. Who will be the fastest runner in each School Sports Partnership? Who will be the fastest runner across Cambridgeshire & Peterborough?
There will be certificates for all participants in the Friendship Run and placing certificates for the top 3 girls and boys in each year group.
We would like to encourage children to take part in this event whilst embracing the Spirit of the Games values of determination and self-belief and will be providing schools with certificates to award to those children who best demonstrate these values.
There will be a special School Engagement Award for the school that really embraces this event and involves a high proportion of the school community in this event.
Details on how to enter will follow shortly.