- This event has passed.
TAG RUGBY – SMALL SCHOOLS Years 4, 5 & 6
Tue 19 October @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
This event is for Core Package subscribers ONLY
Small Schools Only
Small School, is based on the School Games criteria is any school that has less than 120 students in KS2
Please book an A or B/C team via the ticket options at the bottom of the page. Number of entries per school are 1 A team and 1 B/C team.
|Year Groups||Year 4, 5 and 6|
|Team Size||Minimum of 8|
|Squad Size||Maximum of 12|
|Gender Criteria||Minimum of 4 per gender is recommended per squad – A minimum of 2 of each gender playing|
- 12 in a squad, 8 a-side, with at least 2 of each gender on the field of play
- Pitch Dimension = 60m (50m with two 5 m end goals) x 30m
- The object of the game is to score a try by placing the ball with a downward pressure on or behind the opponents’ goal-line
- The ball carrier must remove on their feet at all times and they are not allowed to score a try by diving over the goal-line
- When a try is scored, the game is restarted by a free pass from the centre of the pitch by the non-scoring team
- The ball can only be passed sideways or backwards through the air, not handed to another player. If the ball is handed, passed or knocked forwards then a free pass is awarded to the non-offending side, unless advantage occurs
- If a player gets tagged they must pass the ball backwards to a team mate
- When a player tags someone they must give the tag back after shouting TAG!!
- Schools are advised to bring studded boots
FREE to Core Package Subscription Schools