- This event has passed.
Tag Rugby – Large School Year 5 and 6 – 16 October 2017 (Competition)
Mon 16 October
Large Schools Only
12.30 arrival (1.00pm to 4.00pm)
Small School Tag Rugby Tournament will be run after the October half term.
Register your interest at HuntsSSP@hinchbk.cambs.sch.uk
|Year Groups||Year 5 and 6|
|Team Size||Minimum of 8|
|Squad Size||Maximum of 12|
|Gender Criteria||Minimum of 4 per gender is recommended per squad|
- 12 in a squad, 8 a-side, with at least 2 of each gender on the field of play
- Pitch Dimension = 60m (50m with two 5 m end goals) x 30m
- The object of the game is to score a try by placing the ball with a downward pressure on or behind the opponents’ goal-line
- The ball carrier must remove on their feet at all times and they are not allowed to score a try by diving over the goal-line
- When a try is scored, the game is restarted by a free pass from the centre of the pitch by the non-scoring team
- The ball can only be passed sideways or backwards through the air, not handed to another player. If the ball is handed, passed or knocked forwards then a free pass is awarded to the non-offending side, unless advantage occurs
- If a player gets tagged they must pass the ball backwards to a team mate
- When a player tags someone they must give the tag back after shouting TAG!!
For a full list of rules visit www.coachingrugby.com/tag/laws/laws.htm
- Schools are advised to bring studded boots
FREE to Subscription Schools
£15 for Non Subscription Schools – There is no charge for attending this event but a non-refundable £15 booking fee per team will be charged to contribute to venue hire and other competition costs. (The School Games Organiser does not receive funding for actual competition costs.)