Hunts School Sports Partnership (part of ACES Academies Trust)
The Hunts School Sports Partnership are committed in complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018. We take looking after the personal information you share with us very seriously, and we want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and securely. We also want to help you understand how we use your information.
To achieve this understanding, we will explain:
- how and why Hunts School Sports Partnership collect information from you;
- who we share your information with, why and on what basis;
- what your rights are.
If we make changes to this notice we will notify you by updating it on our website. Hunts School Sports Partnership will be what is known as the ‘Data Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us, and we will sometimes refer to ourselves in this notice as “we” or “us”. By Data Controller, this means the Hunts School Sports Partnership determines the purposes and way in which any personal data are, or will be, processed.
Should you need to contact us please write to: Data Protection Officer, ACES Academies Trust, Hunts School Sports Partnership, Hinchingbrooke School, Brampton Road, Huntingdon, Cambs PE29 3BN or via HuntsSSP@hinchbk.cambs.sch.uk quoting ‘Security and Privacy Enquiry’.
This privacy notice was last updated on 4th January 2021.
How do we use your information?
Data Protection says that we are allowed to use and share your personal data only where it is justified. The law says we must have one or more of these reasons and these are:
- Contract – your personal information is processed in order to fulfil a contractual arrangement.
- Consent – where you agree to us using your information in this way.
- Legitimate Interests – this means the interests of the Hunts School Sports Partnership in managing our business to allow us to provide you with the best products and services in the most secure and appropriate way e.g. to transfer your data to certain Third Party’s such as delivery partners.
- Legal Obligation – where there is statutory or other legal requirement to share the information e.g. when we have to share your information for law enforcement purposes.
Here is a list of the ways that we may use your personal information, and which of the reasons described above we rely on to do so. Where we list legitimate interests as a reason, we also describe below what we believe these legitimate interests are.
|Type of information||Purposes||Legal basis of processing|
|District primary school (PE Coordinator, Head Teacher and SENco) name, address, telephone numbers, e-mail
|Managing subscription services of the Hunts School Sports Partnership.||Performing the Hunts School Sports Partnership service level agreements with the subscription primary schools and School Games area.
For the purposes of our legitimate
interests in operating the sports partnership.
|Emergency contact details||Contacting next of kin in the event of emergency.||Protecting the vital interests and those attending afterschool clubs and of their families.|
|Medical Conditions||Provision of adequate facilities and care for children attending out of school hours clubs.||For the purposes of our legitimate interests in making sure that we can provide sufficient and suitable facilities and care.|
|Photos and videos of subscription and non-subscription primary school members.||Publishing on the Hunts School Sports Partnership website, social media pages and using in press releases.||Consent. We will seek individual consent for each Hunts School Sports Partnership event or club. Individuals may withdraw their consent at any time by contacting us by email or letter.|
|Bank account details of person making payment to the Hunts School Sports Partnership.||Managing to subscription primary school services and individual payments (clubs).||To carry out Hunts School Sports Partnership service level agreement with subscription primary schools and for legitimate interests in operating the sports partnership.|
|Hunts School Sports Partnership Team members name, address, email addresses, phone numbers and relevant qualifications and/or
|Managing services at the Hunts School Sports Partnership||For the purposes of our legitimate interests in ensuring that we can contact Hunts School Sports Partnership team members and provide details of placements.|
Who we share your information with and why.
The Hunts School Sports Partnership works with only a handful of trusted companies/partners in order to provide you with the high quality goods and services you expect from us such as delivery and marketing companies.
Some examples of the categories of third parties with whom we share your data are:-
In order for you to receive services accessed within your contract, the Hunts School Sports Partnership works with a number of delivery partners. Again, we only pass limited information to them in order to ensure appropriate delivery.
Your personal data is protected by legal rights, which include your rights to object to our processing of your personal data; request that your personal data is erased or corrected; request access to your personal data.
For more information or to exercise your data protection rights, please contact us using the contact details above. You also have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which regulates the processing of personal data.
Keeping in touch with you
We want to keep you up to date with information about new services, special offers and improvements to our website.
If you decide you do not want to receive this marketing information you can request that we stop by writing to the Data Protection Officer at the address provided above, emailing HuntsSSP@hinchbk.cambs.sch.uk or by calling us on 01480 375700.
You may continue to receive mailings for a short period while your request is dealt with.
How long we keep your information
If we collect your personal information, the length of time we retain it for is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information and our obligations under other laws.
We may need your personal information to establish, bring or defend legal claims. For this purpose, we will always retain your personal information for 7 years after the date it is no longer needed by us for any of the purposes listed under ‘How we use your information’ above. The only exceptions to this are where:
- the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law;
- we bring or defend a legal claim or other proceedings during the period we retain your personal information, in which case we will retain your personal information until those proceedings have concluded and no further appeals are possible; or
- in limited cases, existing or future law or a court or regulator requires us to keep your personal information for a longer or shorter period.
What are your rights
You are entitled to request the following from the Hunts School Sports Partnership, these are called your Data Subject Rights and there is more information on these on the Information Commissioners website www.ico.org.uk
- Right of access – to request access to your personal information and information about how we process it
- Right to rectification – to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) – to have your personal information erased. Contact 01480 375700
- Right to restriction of processing – to restrict processing of your personal information
- Right to data portability – to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard form
- Right to object – to object to processing of your personal information
- Rights with regards to automated individual decision making, including profiling –rights relating to automated decision making, including profiling
If you have any general questions about your rights or want to exercise your rights please contact: HuntsSSP@hinchbk.cambs.sch.uk
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, in particular in a country you work or live or where your legal rights have been infringed. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the data protection regulator in the UK, are available on the ICO website www.ico.org.uk where your personal information has or is being used in a way that you believe does not comply with data, however, we encourage you to contact us before making any complaint and we will seek to resolve any issues or concerns you may have.
If you need to contact us please write to: Data Protection Officer, ACES Academies Trust, Hunts School Sports Partnership, Hinchingbrooke School, Brampton Road, Huntingdon, Cambs PE29 3BN or via HuntsSSP@hinchbk.cambs.sch.uk quoting ‘Security and Privacy Enquiry’.