Over 150 year 3/4 girls from 14 Huntingdonshire Primary Schools enjoyed a festival of football fun at St Neots Town FC on Tuesday 14th March 2023.
The Hunts School Sports Partnership welcomed girls from across the district to a friendly festival, which looked to provide the girls with a positive first experience of inter-school football through friendly matches with a focus on School Games Values rather than goals scored. The flexible format allowed for schools to decide with their opposition how many players they would like to have on the field of play, with the only stipulations that they must have a minimum of 5, maximum of 8 and ensure that the playing number are even.
At the end of each match the girls, supported by their teacher, could nominate a player from the opposite team for a School Games Value award. The values include; Determination, Honestly, Passion, Respect, Self-Belief and Teamwork.
Congratulations to the following girls who went home as the School Games Value winners.
1. Bethany – Round House Primary Academy – Respect
2. Amelia – Middlefield Primary Academy – Honesty
3. Lainey – Bushmead Primary School – Respect
4. Lola – Buckden CE Primary Academy – Passion
1. Amelia – Crosshall Junior School – Self-Belief
2. Isobel – Godmanchester Community Academy – Self-Belief
3. Darna – Holywell C of E Primary School – Teamwork
4. Hattie – Houghton Primary School – Passion
5. Lily – Priory Junior School – Teamwork
6. Lilliana – Somersham Primary School – Determination
7. Elsa – St Helen’s Primary School – Teamwork
8. Isabella – Thorndown Primary School – Respect
9. Keira – Westfield Junior School – Passion
10. Anna-Leigh – Winhills Primary Academy – Honesty
Thank you to every school that attended and made for an amazing celebration of girls football.
The event was supported by the recently trained Game On Girls Football Activators from Longsands Academy, as well as members of the Sports Leadership Academy. They supported both the morning and afternoon event and took on roles such as; setting on the pitches, organising warm up activities whilst the schools arrived, refereed every game and helped with the presentations.